At the WeightWatchers meeting this week, one of the questions for discussion was: “Why do I want to lose weight?” I figured that would make a great topic for a journal entry, so here I am.
Why I want to lose weight:
- So I don’t have a heart attack when I am 40
- So my children are not embarrassed of me when they are of school age
- So I can keep up with my kiddos while we play
- So my wife and I can snuggle closer
- So I have more stamina for physical activities
- So I can wear some of the cool clothes I have stored away in the basement
- So my lower back stops hurting
- So I can finally fit into the Hawaiian shirt that is actually from Hawaii
- So I can feel less self-conscious, and maybe even attractive
- So I can fit into rides at Elitch Gardens
- So I can prove to myself that I can manage my weight
That’s what comes to mind right now. Feel free to leave comments below, sharing the reasons you want to lose weight.