Difference from last entry: +1
Okay, it isn’t good that I’ve been able to do this, but I’ve managed to not gain much weight during this holiday season. I’ve done this without watching what I eat, and without much exercise. How’ve I done this? I have no friggin’ idea. Apparently, while I’ve been snacking on bad stuff, I’ve made up at least part of the calorie differential by not eating as much good stuff? Who can say? All I know is that I weight only a pound more now than I did before Thanksgiving.
Fortunately, I’m back to behaving now. There are still a few goodies around the house, but I’ve lost interest in them. And I’m ready to figure out how to get exercise back into my routine. I’m actually going to schedule it in, to make sure that I don’t let myself go a month without exercise again.
Here’s something interesting I found out while researching my End Of the Year entry for my LiveJournal: I actually weigh almost 10 pounds less now than I did this time last year! According to this post from January 2005, I weighed 332 pounds. I’m at 323 this year. So apparently my work the last half of this year wasn’t all in vain, after all!
Here’s my 2006 Resolutions from my LiveJournal:
I should probably make my New Years Resolutions here, to make sure they are recorded for posterity:
- Lose weight! I was doing well for a while. And while I actually weight 10 pounds less than I did at this time last year, I’m still roughly the size of a small whale. I need to steadily improve that. I’d love to weigh 100 pounds less this time next year, but my official resolution is to weigh 50 pounds less. Attainable goals are good goals.
- Along with the weight loss, I want to make exercise part of my daily routine. Exercise de-stresses, and as much as I like to say I don’t notice it, stress is a part of everyday life. Besides, exercise is good!
- Be a better father. Colin deserves the best Daddy in the whole wide world. I need to make sure I am always striving to be the best father I can be for him.
- Be a better husband. Erin deserves the best husband in the whole wide world. I need to make sure I am always striving to be the best husband I can be for her.
- Finish my friggin’ thesis already!